WAT NANG GUI, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province, Thailand, 26 May 2019
Wat Nang Gui (Buddhist Monastery) was built 432 years ago in Ayutthaya, the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam (1350-1767). In its time, Ayutthaya was one of the most prosperous international trading ports in all of Asia.
After Ayutthaya was razed by the Burmese in 1767, Wat Nang Gui fell into ruins and was abandoned until it was restored during the Reign of Rama III.
On Saturday, May 25, Yannix visited Wat Nang Gui for Give It 2 Get It #26. On the day, Yannix volunteers planted 40 perennial plants provided by Professor Prasarn Sangpaiboon (Rambhai Barni Rajabhat University), and 50 bamboo trees (donated by a volunteer group from Chiangrai Province).
Upon their arrival, Yannix Volunteers were greeted by the Abbott, Provost Prapassornkun (Boonruang). The Abbott graciously received the offering of plants, trees, fertilizer and equipment presented to him by Yannix, and then the volunteers set out to accomplish their tasks for the day.
Once the work was completed, the Abbot offered a blessing of good health, prosperity and happiness to all of the volunteers until our paths cross again.
Our hope is that the trees we planted on that Saturday will grow to provide an abundance of shade in the sacred place where the monks practice their faith and where the members of the local community assemble.
To learn more about how YOU can make a difference, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org